Friday, May 7, 2010

End of school

I can't believe it's already close to summer vacation. This school year has gone by extremely quick for me. I have to say though, I can't wait for summer vacation! I'm so excited for the kids to be home with me all day. I'm not sure how it's going to go with Ryan on overnights. We're going to end up spending a lot of time at the park. We're also buying a pass to the Tracey Aviary in Salt Lake City. If we buy a certain pass we can get into the Dinosaur Park in Ogden, the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City, Thanksgiving Pointe in Lehi and a couple of other places. I'm planning on keeping the kids busy during the summer while Ryan's sleeping.
The kids are really excited for summer vacation. Joanie loves school, but is ready for a break. Hunter's is just ready for a break. He has a very small attention span, but loves to learn. They are both excited about our plans for family vacation. We are planning on taking a road trip to South Dakota. We will end up going and seeing Mount Rushmore (Hunter learned about it in school and has wanted to see it since then). On the way back we're going to drive through Yellowstone. My parents are going to go with us. We're going to rent a large vehicle with three rows of seats. That way the kids can be separated and won't be able to fight. We're going to take a week for the vacation. It should be tons of fun. I'll make sure and post some pictures afterward.

2 comments:

Doug and Michele said...

It sounds like you have some fun stuff planned for the summer. I love family time!

Kourtney said...

Wow that sounds like a ton of fun. Have a great time. I can't wait to see pictures of all the exciting places.