Saturday, February 18, 2012

HI

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. So much has happened in the last year and a half.

I started working as a 3rd-grade teacher at Excelsior Academy. I absolutely love it! It is so fun to be teaching these children. I love to see how they grow and continue to learn throughout the year. I love being at the school with Joanie and Hunter and being home with them when they're home. This job has been a true blessing to us.

Ryan continues to work at Wal-Mart. He was on overnights for a while, but then was moved back to days. Days are much nicer for us. We have a bedtime routine down. He has to put the kids to bed, or they don't sleep.

Joanie is 9 and learning so much. She loves her teacher this year. She is in third grade, and I made the request that she not be in my class. I have her 30 minutes 4x a week. This is doable. She is playing the violin and loves reading (I wonder where she gets this from). She continue to amazes me with what she knows.

Hunter is 7 and will be baptized April 7. I can't believe my baby is old enough to be baptized. He too is learning so much from school. He can tell you exactly how your digestive system works, with great detail. He has an amazing teacher who works so hard with him to make sure all is well. He has gone from reading 18 wpm at the beginning of first grade to 89 wpm mid second year. I am so proud of how hard he works to become so smart.

We stay busy and continue to have fun. I really should do more blogging, but I don't seem to have the time.

1 comment:

Doug and Michele said...

I am glad you jumped on again :) It is nice to catch an update now and then. I can't believe your baby is getting baptized. We are NOT that old. Good luck with teaching.